Friday, July 18, 2008

Shamsiah


PART A: About Me

Name: Norsamsiah binti Muhamad @ Wahab

Age: 25 years old

Qualifications: Bachelor of Chemical Engineering, Universiti

Teknologi Malaysia, 2007.

Job Title: Assistant Research Officer (ARO)

Employer: Research Management Center (RMC), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia.

Has been with this company for 2 months

What drives me in my work/research: I have experiences in research and development in PRSS during practical training. I learned lots of this field and drive me to know more about something research that reachable. I hope that I can create a lot of new things especially in Biotechnology.

3 things I can’t live without: Books, food and mobile phone.

Postgraduate study: I want to go further with my research, make a research approved widely and successful in Biomedical used.

PART B: My background, my research study and current job

Choosing this area of research study:

I have a higher expectation in research and development field. Knowledge makes someone look perfect and brilliant in sharing an idea. So I try to give a highly performance in this area to make research fully successful and can published to others benefits.

My research:

My research study is “Bio-Tribocorrosion Performance of High Carbon and Low Carbon Biomedical Grade CoCrMo alloys used as Endosteal Implant”. In new generation metal on metal (MoM) joint prostheses have been introduced as an effective alternative to metal on Polyethylene (MoP) bearings have been widely used to half a century. More and more hip replacements are requested for younger and more active patients, making it essential to understand and try to improve their long term durability of using CoCrMo alloys in hip joint replacement. The major concern about use of CoCrMo alloys is the toxicity of the released Co and Cr ions. If a large amount of metal ions released, it can be harmful for human health. So, for medical device use must be applying to biological evaluations. For the biological evaluations it needs for the tests that are cytotoxicity, sensitization, irritation, systemic toxicity, subchronic toxicity, genotoxicity, implantation and haemocompatibility.

The best bits:

This career meant lots for me. I have equipped office soft skills such as dealing with vendors/clients and office management different level of people. Gain a new knowledge and developed a skills in doing a research.

My work:

I am working as assistant research officer at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Skudai. I was assigned to assist research project related to biocompatibility studies and artificial bone environment.

Looking ahead/Life after postgraduate study:

I am excited in involving myself in research and development area, I try to make myself fully committed in my work as a researcher as I can. I also planning in pursue my studies in master also in PhD. I want to develop myself to be a knowledgeable in this field and can give a positive contribution to any organizations.

My advice:

For achieved a best performance in a career we must give a full effort to succeed. Gain more knowledge and pursue a best challenge in further higher educations. Believed in our self that everybody can be succeed with effervesce spirit and higher confidence level.

No comments: