Thursday, September 18, 2008

Getting to know me: husna(the-mom-to-be)


Part A : About me

Sh.Husna Ajlia bt Sayid Abdullah
24 years old
Bachelor in Chemical Engineering-Bioprocess
Research Associate
CEPP, UTM

What drives me in my research:

As the saying goes, “Curiosity killed the cat.” Strong curiosity has motivated me to carry out experimental procedure in order to explore, investigate, experience and learn the basic science of skin cells with which I hope will bring some good cause to mankind.

3 things I can’t live without:

my pink handbag, CCA 4837 and prenavit.

Postgraduate study:

I would love to have the opportunity to commercialize my product: papain-based wound cleanser but of course, extensive studies have to be performed first before any claim can be made.

Part B: My background, my research study, current job.

Choosing this area of research study:

It is an undeniable fact that women are obsessed about skin. A far cry from being vain about looks, I’m much more preoccupied with the basic study of skin cells, their needs and necessities, how to expand their growth, what is the inhibition factor and so forth, nevertheless the most important thing is how to exploit the cells for my research analysis!

My research.

Papain-based wound cleanser has been formulated using papain as the active ingredient during my undergraduate year. In vivo studies were carried out previously to determine the efficacy of the cleanser in aiding wound closure but only the preliminary part was done. Hence, extensive in vivo and in vitro studies are being and will be performed for my current research.

The best bits

The best part about my experiment is when I got the satisfying results accordingly to the designated research scopes. But all hopes are gone when my cells dies. Ha.Ha.

My work

In vitro proliferation assay
In vitro cytotoxicity study
In vitro wound assay

Looking ahead/ Life after postgraduate study

Of course, it will be all about my career and my beloved family. Not to be forgotten, the commercialization of papain-based wound cleanser.

My advice

This is the surah I turn to whenever I'm facing any difficulty with my life :

So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief. Verily, with every difficulty there is relief. Therefore, when thou art free (from thine immediate task), still labour hard. And to thy Lord turn (all) thy attention. -- al-Insyirah 5-8

4 comments:

F A Abdul Majid, PhD said...

well done! you always meet the expectation. Twist and turns are the parts and puzzles of research...I am thinking of substituting papain with concentrated pineapple juice or bromelain in the formula. What say you?

Tissue & Cell Engineering Research Group said...

great idea,Dr.
will do a background research to check the possibility

Tissue & Cell Engineering Research Group said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AiSHieY said...

Salam Husna...lame xjumpe...sye wan noor rashidah bt wan razak...dulu satu sekolah di Sek Keb Bukit Kuang, Kemaman...sye pun dah lupe muka husna...nak tau sgt your life skrg..please e-mail me aishiey_84@yahoo.com ...husna stay kt mne skrg?