Thursday, September 25, 2008

its me...


Rozilawati binti Abdul Gaffar
26 years old
Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Bioprocess, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, 2005.
Job Title: Research Associate
Employer: Chemical Engineering Pilot Plant, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
Has been with this company for 2 years
What drives me in my work/research: I love knowledge; hence within my research capacity I can explore new things and excite the industry with my invention.
3 things I can’t live without: my mobile phone, my grayish car and fruits
Postgraduate study: I want to go further with my research, make it as high end cosmetic products with empirical scientific proven.

PART B: My background, my postgraduate study and current job

Choosing this area of research/postgraduate study:
I believe in power of knowledge. Choosing postgraduate is one part of knowledge exploration in deeply and doing cosmetic science engineering is to make people look beautiful in nature ways. I have considered my own interest to further in bioprocess engineering and strongly attracted by the facilities provided here. In future, I would like to have my own brand on the shelves and published my work for others benefit. I am hoping that I can change the justification of cosmetic especially from the local market to make it as high end products with guaranteed quality base on research and gives my consultation to peoples who need it.


My research/postgraduate study:
My research study is “Study of Anti-tyrosinase Activity on Cashew Leaves using Melanocytes”. This study is about to explore the potential of cashew leaves which is proved by other researcher contains highly antioxidant and maybe act as good anti-tyrosinase. The challenge of this study is to conduct the analysis using in vitro analysis which is using melanocytes. At the end of the study, the percentage of tyrosinase inhibition will be determined. I am eager to polish my research skills, interpreting and analysis data and the most to expand my knowledge and skills in tissue culture. Hopefully, my research work will be a bench mark or standard to identify the quality of lightening products.

The best bits:
The opportunity to meet people, to deal with different level of people, working under stress condition but not most of the time, developing my own network, gain new knowledge and the most learn every single skill in doing research.
Looking ahead/Life after postgraduate study:
I am planning to pursue doctorate after completed my master. I love research and management work, so that I am not planning to switch my job to another field. I want to build my reputation and being an established consultant in this area.

My advice:
Pursuing postgraduate studies is such good opportunities to learn new research skills. For who is doing master by research, this is the pathway to conquer the knowledge in our research area. Don’t be afraid for the challenge, just believe in your skills and capability.

1 comment: